Monday, November 12, 2007

Award winning design



Today morning after tea I was wondering if our art, designs and jewelery are dying a slow death. Looking at bulk made products everywhere, I was getting little frustrated.Creativity and art is rarely found in mass made products. But as it always happens with me ,I came across this fabulous piece of jewelery by Jeffrey Appling .After studying his jewelery I realised that he brings to his designs a meticulous craftsmanship that makes each individual piece both elegant and durable.Pearl Protrusion,(the ring in this photo) is made of platinum with faceted white and black pearls,and the set stones are tsavorite garnets and pink sapphires(other side).Just observe how neatly the pearls are faceted.

No doubt it bagged the first place in 2007 Jewelry Arts Awards by lapidary journal magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beauty. Really cool, durable and elegant. By the way, how big a hole this piece creates in the pocket ?